Below are a handful of articles that your child’s doctor might find useful. You as parents might also find it helpful to read further about FPIES and the existing medical literature.
- Caubet, J.;Nowak-Wegrzyn, A. Current Understanding of the Immune Mechanisms of FPIES. Expert Review.Clinical Immunology. 2011; 7(3), 317-327.
- Cianferoni A, Spergel, J M. Food Allergy: Review, Classification and Diagnosis. Allergology International. 2009;58:457-466
- NIAID-Sponsered Expert panel. Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Food Allergy in the United States: Report of the NIAID-Sponsored Expert Panel. The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. Volume 126, Issue 6, Supplement, Pages S1-S58, December 2010. (see section 4.3.2 for FPIES)
- Nowak-Wegrzyn A, Sampson HA, Wood RA, Sicherer SH. Food Protein-Induced Enterocolitis Syndrome Caused by Solid Food Proteins. PEDIATRICS Vol. 111 No. 4 April 2003. pages 829-835.
- Sicherer, S. Food Protein-Induced Enterocolitis Syndrome: Case Presentations andManagement Lessons. The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. Volume 115, Issue 1, Pages 149- 156, January 2005
- van der Poel LA, Fox A, Du Toit G. Food Protein-Induced Enterocolitis Syndrome: A Review. Current Allergy & Clinical Immunology, June 2009 Vol 22, No. 2. Pages 56-57.
*** This list is by no means exhaustive. For additional reading about FPIES, please see the medical literature page. Another way to seek out additional resources related to FPIES is to read the reference sections at the end of each journal article. Often, helpful articles on the same or related topics can be found there.
Page published: June 22, 2012. Last update: March 9, 2013. Copyright © 2012,The FPIES Foundation